ALMOST EVERY MORTGAGE LENDER REQUIRES THAT YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A NEW MORTGAGE LOAN:
- Past two (2) years W-2 statements
- Pay Stubs covering the last (30) thirty days
- Two most recent months bank statements
- Most recent transaction summary of 401(k), IRA, or mutual fund accounts
- Photocopies of any stocks or certificates of deposits
- A letter of explanation for any known credit problems
- If you are currently renting, either 12 months of canceled rent checks or the name and address of your current landlord
- Proof of homeowners insurance or a “walls in” HO-6 policy if the property is a condominium.
*More Required Documents
For specific situations, other documents are also required.
FOR A REFINANCE:
- A copy of the deed, and most recent tax bill
FOR A HOME PURCHASE:
- A signed purchase contract
- Realtor contact information
- Condo Association contact information.
FOR A VA LOAN:
- DD Form 214 (Long Form)
IF YOU ARE DIVORCED:
- A fully executed divorce decree
IF YOU ARE SELF-EMPLOYED:
- Two (2) years signed personal tax returns – including all schedules
- If self-employed through a corporation, last two years corporate returns as well as a year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet
Different loan programs require varying amounts of documentation. The specific loan program you select may have more or less required documents.